- (serves 2)
- Salad ingredients:
- Soba noodles (2 portions)
- 1 pak choi cabbage
- 8–10 green asparagus stems
- ½ cucumber, sliced in ribbons
- A handful of sugar snap peas, cut in half lengthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pomegranate seeds & black sesame seeds for garnish
- For the dressing:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Stevia drops or maple syrup to taste (around 2-3 drops)
- Salt & pepper
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. When cooked, rinse under cold water and set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing by combining lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper and enough stevia drops (or maple syrup) to reach the right balance between sweet & sour (I used 2 drops). Mix well and set aside.
- Slice the asparagus and pak choi in half lengthways. Heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil in a griddle pan over medium high heat. Add the pak choi and asparagus to the pan (cut side down), season with salt and pepper and sizzle for 2-3 minutes on each side until the vegetables are cooked but still crunchy.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables into a big mixing bowl. Add soba noodles, cucumber ribbons, sugar snap peas and the dressing and mix well.
- Transfer the salad into serving bowls. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and black sesame seeds just before serving.