- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans unsalted refried black beans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 lbs cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 avocados, thinly sliced
- Heat 1/2 cup broth in a large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add beans, cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in remaining broth, pepper and salt. Cook a couple of minutes longer or until warmed through, stirring occasionally and adding water or more broth as needed for desired consistency.
- In a dry skillet, warm each tortilla to soften.
- Top with a scoop bean mixture. Add lettuce, tomato and avocado.
- Fold in half and serve with your favorite salsa.