- 350g whole wheat spaghetti, (egg free)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g ripe cherry tomatoes
- bunch of fresh herbs (I used basil, parsley and rosemary)
- 100 g cashews, presoaked in hot water for 30 min
- 250ml water
- 250 ml vegetalble stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti.
- Meanwhile drain and rinse cashews, add them to a high speed blender with 250ml water and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Chop herbs and mince garlic.
- In a medium sauce pan heat up olive oil, add garlic, herbs and tomatoes and fry for a few minutes while stiring through.
- Fry on high heat for a few minutes and then reduce heat to medium high. Once the tomatoes get soft and break a little, add vegetable stock and cashew cream.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over cooked spaghetti. Voila!