- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 spring onions chopped or a shallot diced
- 1 small fresh chili
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Turmeric and freshly ground pepper
- Salt and soy sauce to taste
- Water (I used water from cooking of the greens)
- Sauté the onions on olive oil, add chili. Then add rice and spices, and a little bit of water. Keep stirring. Then pot a lid on and cook for a few minutes – like making a risotto.
- Keep adding water till it’s heated, nice and creamy. Then add nutritional yeast, soy sauce and salt to taste.
- Sauté mushrooms in olive oil with the chili, pepper and soy sauce until tender.
- Serve the rice topped with mushrooms and greens seasoned with mixture of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Ume Su (Japanese vinegar – my absolute favorite – it’s sour and salty and makes everything taste better).