- 1 pack extra-firm tofu (14oz)
- 1 head broccoli
- 3 tbsp low-sodium tamari/soy sauce
- 3 tbsp hot sauce
- 3 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 sliced red chili peppers (optional)
- sesame (or neutral) oil
- Press the extra-firm tofu between kitchen towels to remove excess liquid and cut into about 1-1/2 inch cubes.
- Bake at 400F until golden and slightly crispy, about 15 minutes. Cut bite-size florets from 1 head broccoli and steam lightly until just tender.
- Mix sauce: whisk the low-sodium tamari/soy sauce, hot sauce, vegan Worcestershire sauce and toasted sesame oil (or to taste).
- Sauté the minced ginger, minced garlic cloves and sliced red chili peppers (optional) in sesame (or neutral) oil for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add lightly steamed broccoli florets and cook a couple more minutes, adding more broth or oil as needed. Add baked tofu and mix. Stir in sauce while continuing to heat until sauce is warmed through. Serve immediately.