- 1 tbsp olive oil (or use a little lemon juice for oil-free)
- 6 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- ¼ to ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 1.5 cups green peas (thawed)
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- a generous drizzle of chili oil (optional)
- nutritional yeast, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts to top
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil (or use a little lemon juice for oil-free) in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté 6 thinly sliced garlic cloves for about 2 minutes, or until they start to brown. Add ¼ to ½ tsp crushed red pepper and cook about another 30 seconds, or until the garlic slices are slightly crisp. (Keep stirring so they don’t burn.)
- Add 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
- Add 5 cups chopped kale in 3 batches and mix well. Wait until each just starts to wilt before adding the next batch.
- Add 1.5 cups green peas (thawed). Stir to combine and cook until warmed through.
- Remove from the heat and add ½ tsp lemon zest, ½ tbsp lemon juice, and a generous drizzle of chili oil (optional but so good!).
- Mix in desired amount of cooked pasta.
- Add more lemon juice, and nutritional yeast to taste.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Top with ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts.
Find more of Nisha’s recipes on @cookingforpeanuts.