Who doesn’t love a hot and comforting noodle dish? This spicy peanut ginger udon bowl is packed with veggies & flavors!
- 4 oz udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons mirin or white wine
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon of tamari
- ¼ cup organic crunchy peanut butter
- ½ can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 small head of Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of tamari
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup sugar snap peas
- ½ purple sweet potato
- ½ orange sweet potato
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- For the udon noodles, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook udon noodles for 12 minutes. I used about half of an 8-ounce package. Drain. Set aside.
- For the peanut sauce, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add in 1 onion, thinly sliced. Sauté for 5 minutes till lightly browned. Add in 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger and 2 cloves minced garlic. Deglaze the pan with 2 tablespoons mirin or white wine, the juice and zest of 1 lime, and 1 teaspoon of tamari. Whisk in ¼ cup organic crunchy peanut butter and ½ can of full-fat coconut milk. Taste and season with Sriracha and more tamari to taste.
- For the Napa cabbage, heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a medium pot. Add in 1 small head of thinly sliced napa cabbage, 2 tablespoons of tamari, and 2 cloves of minced garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Push cabbage to one side of pan and add in about ½ cup sugar snap peas. Lightly sauté.
- Cook the purple and orange sweet potato and broccoli however you want. Steam, roast, boil, etc. Cut into bite-sized pieces. I used half of a sweet potato, half of a purple sweet potato, and about ½ cup broccoli florets.
- Toss the udon noodles, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and sugar snap peas with the coconut peanut sauce. Top with the Napa cabbage, finely chopped peanuts, some cilantro or parsley, lime wedges and a drizzle of Sriracha.
For more comforting vegan noodle recipes, click here.