- 8 oz rice noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped small (~1 cup)
- 1 large jalapeno, diced
- 8oz package mushrooms, cut in half and sliced thin
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped small
- 2 green onions, sliced thin (~½ cup)
- Salt & pepper
Sauce (if you like extra saucy noodles you might want to make 1.5x batch or double it!)
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sriracha (or sub hot sauce of choice)
- ½ cup water + more to thin
- Start by preparing rice noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- To a large sauté pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil and heat to medium.
- Add onion and jalapeño, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onions start to brown. Add to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add additional 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan + sliced mushrooms, cooking for 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms start to brown. Once cooked, remove from heat and move to the same bowl with cooked onions + jalapeño.
- Add additional 1 tbsp olive oil and cook broccoli for 2-3 minutes, until cooked to desired consistency. Add cooked onions, jalapeño, and mushrooms back to the pan and stir to combine. Turn off heat or keep on low to keep warm.
- Prepare sauce by using a hand blender to mix together tahini, coconut aminos, lime juice, sriracha, and water. Add additional water to thin if you prefer a runnier sauce.
- Add cooked rice noodles back to the pan with onion/jalapeño/mushroom mixture and top with sauce and chopped green onions. Cook over low heat until warmed through. Enjoy!
Find more of Casey’s recipes on @themindfulhapa.