- 4 servings fettuccine
- 1 tbsp oil from sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup red or white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2-3 cups tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 cups fresh spinach, shredded
- ½ cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 1/4 cup vegan feta or vegan parmesan (optional, see notes)
- Prepare veggies as above and set aside. As well, take out all other ingredients and place near stove. Boil water for the pasta. Prepare as per package instructions (10-12 minutes).
- In a large stir-fry style pan, saute the onion and garlic in the oil for 4 or 5 minutes over medium to high heat until the onions are fragrant and soft.
- Add the wine and red pepper flakes, reduce to medium-low and cook for another 3-5 minutes to reduce the liquid. Then stir in chopped sun dried tomatoes and fresh tomatoes.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and add to the tomato mixture in the pan along with the spinach, basil, vegan cheese (if using) and toss to incorporate – the spinach will wilt in a couple of minutes and then presto it’s ready to serve. Serve immediately with extra hot pepper flakes and vegan parmesan for passing.
This pasta has a wonderful flavour profile and the vegan cheese is totally optional, but it does add another layer of flavour if you have some on hand.