- 8 oz baby portabella mushrooms
- 4 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (for frying)
- white corn tortillas
- 1–2 avocados
- fresh cilantro (for garnishing)
- 1 lime (for garnishing)
- In a large cast iron skillet, add the mushrooms and sautee over medium heat with a little coconut oil for a few minutes to soften them
- Add the spinach, cumin, salt, and mozzarella- stir to combine and let that sautee stirring occasionally until the spinach leaves are wilted
- Heat your corn tortillas in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until they are soft (this makes them easier to roll)
- Place your filling in a bowl, clean the skillet out and then heat it again with 1/2 cup coconut oil over medium heat
- Fill each tortilla with 1/2-1 tablespoon of filling off center and spread to the edges of the tortilla Tightly roll the tortilla around the filling and if desired, fasten with a toothpick to hold it closed
- Make 4 of these and then place them in the oil to fry 2-3 minutes.
- As these are frying, make your next 4. You will flip them over to the other side and fry for another couple minutes
- ** NOTE: watch closely so they don’t burn! When you take them out of the skillet, place them on a paper towel lined plate
- Garnish your taquitos with fresh cilantro leave, avocado, and lime juice.
- Serve with salsa and your favorite vegan nacho cheese sauce.