- 3 large ripe bananas (about 300g)
- 75g sunflower or olive oil
- 100g coconut or brown sugar
- 2 oranges, zested
- 225g self-raising flour (or use plain flour with a total of 3 large tsp baking powder)
- 2 large tsp baking powder
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 tsp water
- To decorate:
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 tbsp granola or seeds, optional
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C (360F) and line a baking loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl and stir in the sunflower/olive oil, sugar and orange zest.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder and stir to combine. Pour into the lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cover the loaf with some foil if it is starting to darken on top.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and cooling fully.
- Make the topping by stirring together all the ingredients to a thick glaze.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cake and decorate with the orange slices and granola or seeds, if using. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Find more of Amy’s recipes on @nourishing.amy.