- 280g pack extra firm tofu
- 3–4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (or cornflour)
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 2 Tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar or ACV
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1–2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- cornstarch slurry (1 Tbsp corn flour + 1 Tbsp cold water, mix separately before adding to sauce)
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan at medium heat.
- Break tofu into pieces and generously coat with cornstarch.
- Once oil is hot, add tofu and fry until golden and crispy, about 7-10 mins each side.
- While tofu is frying, combine all ingredients for sauce and heat in separate pan at medium heat until it starts to thicken.
- Once tofu is cooked, transfer into sauce and toss pieces until evenly coated.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Check out Rebecca’s vegan adventures on her youtube channel The Zesty Lime.