- 120ml (½ cup) of full fat coconut milk (sub coconut yogurt for low fat option)
- 120ml (½ cup) light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4tbsp (40g) chia seeds
- 300g fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- Fresh strawberries
For the chia pudding:
- In a bowl or in a jar mix 120ml (½ cup) of full-fat coconut milk (sub coconut yogurt for low-fat option), 120ml (½ cup) light coconut milk, 1 tbsp maple syrup and 4tbsp (40g) chia seeds.
- Place in the fridge to soak for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
For the strawberry mousse:
- Blend 300g fresh strawberries with 3 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tsp agar agar powder.
- Transfer smooth mixture to a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Prepare 2 dessert cups (you can keep them inclined in a muffin mold for that fancy effect you see on the picture, but it’s totally optional). Add a layer of chia pudding followed by a layer of strawberry mixture and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Repeat and return to the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries and chocolate (I used some homemade brownie bars) and serve!
Find more of Magda’s recipes on @oatmeal_stories.