- 3 medium-sized potatoes
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 small/medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups corn, fresh from the cob or use one 15 oz can, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups black beans or kidney beans, cooked or use one 15 oz can, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- sea salt
- black pepper
- hot sauce to taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- 6–8 tbsp vegan cheese
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Wash potatoes, pierce them a couple of times with a fork and brush with a little bit oil. Bake for about 45-60 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan or skillet, add onion and fry over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add corn (I used fresh corn from the cob) and spice mixture and roast over medium heat until nicely browned. Add garlic and roast for a further 1 minute. Turn off the heat.
- Add beans, vegan sour cream, nutritional yeast, and chopped scallions. Cut each (cooled) potato in half (lengthwise) and scoop out most of the flesh (leave a thin layer of potato inside of the skins).
- Place the potato skins on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Mash the flesh of the potatoes with a fork and add it to the pan (with the corn, beans etc.). Combine the mixture and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Scoop the filling into the potato skins and add vegan cheese on top. Broil at 390 degrees F (200 degrees C) for about 5 minutes.