- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp (75 ml) mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp (75 ml) puréed strawberries (approx. 5 large strawberries)
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp (445 ml) buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp rice malt/maple syrup
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 2/3 cups + 1 tsp (400 ml) unsweetened cashew milk Coconut oil for frying
- Add all wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add buckwheat flour and baking powder and stir.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Ladle batter into the pan and cook each pancake for around 3 minutes or until you see the edges have cooked and small bubbles are forming on the surface. Flip.
- Cook the other side for around the same amount of time. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve pancakes with fruit (such as roasted rhubarb) & berries, with syrup or other toppings of choice.
- For a simple roasted rhubarb, recipe, see the full recipe on missmarzipan.com (direct link: bit.ly/smoothiepancakes)