- 1 medium summer squash, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the squash and in zucchini in the olive oil until almost tender, about 3 – 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add quinoa to the skillet and cook for another minute or so until everything is warm.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, zest, dill and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Either transfer this mixture to a bowl or leave in the skillet and add the dressing and pine nuts.
- Toss to combine, taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm or cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.