- 3 wraps/flatbreads
- 1 can of jackfruit (in brine)
- 1 small onion (or 1/2 medium onion)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/3 cup vegan BBQ sauce
- 1 large handful of chopped kale (I used purple kale)
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese
- Fresh lime juice
- Drain jackfruit and break pieces apart. In my opinion it works best just to use your hands. If there are any tough, chewy seeds cut them up with a knife or discard those pieces.
- Thinly slice onion and jalapeño and chop garlic. Heat up a few drops of avocado oil in a non stick pan (low heat) and fry onions until fragrant and starting to brown.
- Next, add garlic and pulled jackfruit and continue cooking on low medium heat for about 15 minutes until all excess liquid is gone. You want the jackfruit to have a relatively dry texture so it can absorb the sauce and flavors better.
- Add sliced jalapeños and BBQ sauce and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. In the meantime wash and chop kale, squeeze some lime juice over it and give it a quick massage (optional but recommended).
- Assemble flatbread or wrap with some of the vegan cheese, jackfruit mix, kale and mango. You can add a bit more of the BBQ sauce here as well! I always cover one half of the flatbread/wrap with all fillings, sprinkle a little more cheese on top and flip the other side over.
- Fry them in a non stick pan (no oil necessary unless you want them to be extra crispy) for a few minutes each side on low medium heat until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Cut in half and enjoy! Ps: They taste great cold too!