There is nothing more satisfying than a comforting noodle bowl that’s quick & easy to whip up. This sweet and spicy udon noodle stir-fry will make a great lunch or dinner option!
- 400g (2 cakes) cooked udon noodles (feel free to use other noodles if you’d like!)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 240g block extra firm tofu, drained and sliced into strips
- ½ large onion, sliced into strips
- 1 small carrot, sliced into strips
- 4 cups (200g) shredded cabbage
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- Sesame seeds, for garnishing
- Chopped spring onions, for garnishing
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 ½ tsp sriracha, adjust according to desired spice
- ¼ cup room temp. water
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- Heat the oven to 350°F/180°C. On a lined baking tray, bake the tofu until lightly golden for around 25 mins. You can opt to pan-fry the tofu in some oil if you’d like.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Make sure the cornstarch is diluted.
- Heat a pan. Add in 1 tbsp oil. Sauté the onions until tender. Add in the bell peppers, carrots, and cabbage. Sauté until cooked, around 10 minutes.
- Add in the tofu and cooked noodles. Pour in the sauce mixture. Sauté for another 3-4 minutes until the noodles have absorbed the sauce. Turn off heat and then garnish with some sesame seeds and spring onions, if desired. Enjoy while hot!
Find more of Jeeca’s recipes on @thefoodietakesflight.
Loved this sweet and spicy udon noodle stir-fry?
We have lots more vegan noodle recipes, click here to see them all!