- For the Gnocchi:
- 2 large sweet potatoes 440-550g or 4–5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 stalks of fresh thyme
- For the Cashew cream:
- 180g or 1 cup of cashews, soaked overnight
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3–4 tbsp of water
- 300g or 2 cups of Sauerkraut
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Start by peeling the sweet potatoes, then cut it into cubes and place into a pot. Cover with water, add the thyme and cook until the potato cubes are soft. Using a potato ricer make a potato mash, you can also do this using a food processor.
- Place the mash into a bowl and add the flour about 1 cup at a time and start kneading. Continue adding flour until you have the desired texture. You want the dough to be workable and not too sticky but still quite soft and fluffy.
- Then divide the dough into four parts and roll them into four long sausages. Cut the sausages into 1 cm thick pieces and then shape your gnocchi out of each of them, with the help of a fork. Bring some water and salt to a boil in a large pot.
- Drop the Gnocchi into the boiling water and wait until they rise to the surface. Remove from the pot. Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet and fry the cooked gnocchi and the sauerkraut for about 4-5 mins.
- To make the cashew cream simply add all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Serve the gnocchi with some thyme sprinkled on top and the cashew cream on the side.