Looking for a simple, nourishing, comforting, and absolutely delicious weekday meal? This recipe for vegan Taiwanese three cup tofu bowl could be a perfect fit!Print
- 1 pack of soft/silken tofu (12oz), cut into cubes
- corn starch
- 5–6 cloves garlic (thinly sliced), 10-12 slices of ginger, ¼ cup of fresh Thai basil leaves, 2 Thai chilis
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine (may use rice wine/dry sherry)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- Dip tofu cube with cornstarch and shallow pan-fry until golden brown on all sides. Then place fried tofu cubes on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- In a heated non-stick pan with 2 teaspoons oil, sauté ginger & garlic until fragrant. Add sauce and bring to boil, then lower heat to simmer and stir in tofu, Thai basil, & chili until well combined.
- Serve warm with your favorite grain and blanched bok choy for a simple meal.
Find more of WoonHeng’s recipes on @woon.heng.