These gluten-free, vegan vanilla cupcakes truly are the best – they are easy to make, fluffy, and delicious! Perfect for any occasion.
- 1 ¾ Cup + 3 Tbsp Gluten Free Oat Flour (You can sub any flour that you have in your pantry)
- ½ Tbsp Potato Starch (If you don’t have this you can omit it, however, your cupcakes may be a tad crumbly)
- 1 Tsp Arrowroot Powder (If you don’t have this you can omit it)
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar (You can sub any sugar that you have in your pantry)
- 1 Cup Plant Milk of Choice (I used Vanilla Oat Milk)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (You can sub vinegar)
- ⅓ Cup Light Oil (I used an Organic Canola Oil)
- ½ Tbsp Vanilla Extract
Vegan Vanilla Buttercream:
- 3 ¾ Cup Vegan Icing Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Vanilla Milk
- Preheat Oven to 350F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake cups.
- Prepare vegan butter milk (Whisk the lemon juice and plant milk and set aside for 10 minutes)
- In a large bowl, cream the coconut sugar, vanilla, and oil.
- Once smooth, add in vegan butter milk.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients. (Be sure to sift the flour first)
- Slowly add wet to dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into the cupcake cups. (Fill them about ¾ of the way)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. (I baked mine for 20 minutes)
- In a speed mixer, whip the buttercream ingredients until smooth. You may need to add more milk or more icing sugar depending on your vegan butter. Some vegan butters have more liquid than others and vice versa.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven.
- Let Cool.
- Ice with Vegan Buttercream.
Find more of Steph’s recipes on her website, Sugared Coconut.