- serves 2, halve ingredients for single serving * 2 cups water
- * 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- * 4 dates, pitted
- * 4 tablespoons shredded coconut (omit for nut allergies)
- * 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon mesquite powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- * 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- * Lightly toast the shredded coconut in a dry pan on the stove until it starts to turn a golden color, stirring frequently ensuring it doesn’t burn. * Add to blender with remaining ingredients and blend. Serve over ice, if desired.
- * As always, adjust for taste, more dates to sweeten, cacao for a more chocolate flavor, etc.
- * For nut allergies, eliminate the coconut and you’ll still have a creamy chocolatey milk.
- Store leftovers in the fridge, shake before serving.