- 1 orange
- 2 flax eggs (2tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 5-6tbsp water)
- 2 tsp of apple sauce
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 of pumpkin puree (I used pumpkin pie pumpkin and roasted it for 40 minutes)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2.5 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cup of pecan, chopped and toasted
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a fluted tube pan or 1 large sized fluted tube pan. remove 2 tsp of zest from the orange and squeeze the orange and put the juice aside.
- In a large bowl combine zest and stir the first 6 ingredients together. Add the next few until salt and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle some toasted pecans on the bottom of each greased pan or all of them in the one large fluted pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes or 45 minutes for the large. Let it cool on a wire rack.
- Make the glaze by combining 3-4 tsp of orange juice with the powdered sugar until drizzles nicely.