These vegan tofu bokchoy potstickers require only 5 ingredients, and are made in 4 easy steps! It’s a perfectly filling snack.
- ½ block of firm tofu, drained and pat dry and cut into small cubes
- 8 caps of Chinese mushrooms, soaked until soft, chopped
- 2 tsp black bean sauce (substitute with 2 tsp soy sauce + ½ tsp maple syrup)
- 1lb bok choy, washed and julienned into thin strips
- 1 package of dumpling wrappers
- sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place julienned bok choy in a large bowl with ½ tsp salt, using your hands, gently fold all the veggies together. Set aside for 15-20mins. In a heated pan with 1tsp oil, saute mushrooms until lightly brown, add black bean sauce and stir until well combined, set aside, and pan-fry tofu cubes until lightly brown. Place both ingredients in a big bowl.
- Using a cheesecloth or just with your palms, squeeze as much liquid out as possible from your bok choy. Add to your tofu mixture, combine well & season.
- Place a dollop of mixture in the middle of your wrapper, moisten side with water, and pleat to seal. Repeat until you are done with your mixture and then pan fry them.😉
- In a heated pan with oil, place dumpling, bottom side down and cook until brownish, add enough boiling water to cover part of the dumpling, cover lid. Turn heat to low-medium and let simmer until all water is absorbed. Serve with gingery black vinegar and chili.
Find more of WoonHeng’s recipes on @woon.heng.
For more vegan dumpling recipes, click here.