- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 2 cups veggie stock/broth
- 2 stalks lemongrass (white part), pounded
- 3 slices galangal
- 2 lime leaves
- onion slices (as preferred)
- 2 Thai chilis, chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegan ‘fish’ sauce (recipe in @woon.heng’s story highlights)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 ~ 1 Tbsp Tom Yum/red chili paste
- 1/2 cup heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Bella mushrooms, halved
- 4oz pan-fried firm tofu
- salt to taste
- lime juice
- coconut milk
- chopped cilantro
- In a 2-quart pot, bring the veggie stock to boil.
- Add in lemongrass, galangal, onion slices, chilis & lime leaves. Place lid over, turn heat to low & let simmer for 10 mins until aromatic.
- Season with tom yum/chili paste, ‘fish’ sauce, coconut sugar & salt (add lime juice for a tangier soup).
- Add in tomatoes, mushrooms, tofu & continue to cook for another 2mins until mushrooms are fully cooked through over low-med heat.
- Finally, add in the desired coconut milk (I used 1/4 cup) & turn off the heat.
- To serve, place zucchini noodles in a bowl & ladle warm soup over. If you prefer fully cooked zucchini noodles, add them in soup & cook for 30 secs before serving. Enjoy!