- 1 Onion, chopped evenly
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped evenly
- 1 & 1/4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/3 cup Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas
- 3 tbs Tomato Puree
- 1 tbs Soy Sauce/Tamari
- 1 tbs Brown Rice Miso
- 1 tbs Chilli Oil
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 6 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbs Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbs Hot Smoked Chilli Flakes
- Dry: 2 cups Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1/2 cup Gram (Chickpea) Flour
- Mix the hot vegetable stock with the Porcini Mushrooms and set aside for 5 minutes for the mushrooms to rehydrate.
- Sauté the Onion & Garlic until softened and lightly golden.
- Once you have sautéed the onion and garlic add it to a blender, with the remaining wet ingredients plus mushroom & stock mixture.
- Blitz until smooth. In a large mixing bowl add the Vital Wheat Gluten & Chickpea Flour.
- Add the Wet mixture to dry and quickly stir with a spatular until everything is well combined.
- You will then need to use your hands to knead the dough. Knead the dough for around 10 minutes.The tougher you are when needing the more of a bite your sausages will have when cooked.
- Once kneaded, let the dough rest for around 10 minutes.
- Portion the dough into approximately 8 pieces, I weigh each piece to make sure all my sausages are a similar size.
- Pre heat a large saucepan filled half way high with water.
- Bring to a boil.