This recipe is super easy to make and perfect for both beginners and those with busy schedules. Yondu gives it the perfect amount of umami, which means that you won’t need any other seasonings.
- 6oz fettuccine (or pasta of choice)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (unsalted)
- 10oz mushrooms of choice (like button, baby Bella or king oyster mushrooms), sliced
- Olive oil for cooking (1-2 tbsp)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1–2 tbsp Yondu umami vegetable seasoning sauce (click here to order it on amazon.com)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts*
- 1 handful fresh basil
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Cook the pasta al dente in lightly salted water according to package instructions (depending on the brand and type of pasta you’re using, this should take about 7-10 minutes).
- Sauté the sliced garlic cloves and sliced mushrooms in the olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes about half way through and keep stirring so the mushrooms are evenly cooked and don’t burn. Add a little more oil or a tbsp of water if need be and reduce heat to low.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain (but reserve about 1-2 tbsp of the pasta water) and add to the pan. Mix well, then add in Yondu (start with 1 tbsp, then taste test and add more if need be) and 1-2 tbsp pasta water and mix again.
- Serve with the toasted pine nuts*, basil and freshly ground pepper and enjoy!
Recipe & Photography by Kim-Julie Hansen for Yondu.