10 ingredients (pantry staples) + 20 mins and you’ve got dinner. Expect it to be smooth, creamy, with cheesy bold flavour.
- 3 shallots (or 1 yellow onion), chopped
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 cups raw cashews (preferably soaked for 1 hr, but not necessary), strained
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3/4 cup curly parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper flakes, to sprinkle (optional)
- 1 package gluten-free spaghetti noodles (500g/17.6 oz)
- Bring a skillet to medium heat, add chopped shallots (or onion), garlic and coconut oil. Cook until softened (5-10 mins).
- Transfer garlic and onion to a blender with raw cashews (strained), almond milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, sea salt, pepper and paprika. Blend until smooth.
- To make pasta: bring a pot of water to a boil and add noodles. Cook as directed on package, until al-dente (typically 7-9 minutes). Strain and transfer noodles back to pot. Pour Alfredo sauce over noodles and mix to combine. Taste, season with more sea salt and pepper as desired. Optional to add chopped parsley, stir to combine, and cayenne pepper flakes to taste.
Find more of Hannah’s recipes on @twospoons.ca.