This recipe calls for an 8-inch springform, but it also works in a 9-inch if you double the entire recipe.
- 1 1/3 cups spelt, white, oat, or gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar of choice, or erythritol for sugar free
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 cup oil or vegan butter spread
- 2 Tbsp water
- 4 cups peeled apple, sliced thin (400g)
- pinch of stevia OR 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup, or agave
- optional 1/2 cup raw walnuts, diced small
- optional 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup spelt, white, oat, or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, or erythritol for sugar free
- 1/4 cup oil, OR 1/4 applesauce for fat-free
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F, and line the bottom of an 8-inch springform or removable-bottom tart pan with parchment, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry crust ingredients, then stir in the oil and water to make a dough.
- Transfer to the prepared pan, press down hard, and bake 12 minutes on the center rack.
- Toss the apple and sweetener in a medium bowl, then spread evenly over the baked crust.
- In a third bowl, combine all crumble ingredients.
- Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the apples.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until apples are soft and tender.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing the springform. Serve with vegan vanilla ice cream.
Find more of Katie’s recipes on Chocolate Covered Katie.