Make your breakfast extra special with this vegan baked “Snickers” waffle recipe. Who knew the familiar flavors could be so easily recreated with a handful of vegan ingredients? And these waffles are incidentally gluten-free!
Disclaimer: this recipe was shared with Best of Vegan by the author with explicit permission, please do not repost it without asking @missmarzipancom. Thank you!
- 3 tbsp aquafaba, whisked until slightly foamy (but not whipped)
- 95 g gluten-free oats, blitzed to make oat flour
- 360 ml almond milk
- 125 g gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 60 ml organic crunchy, sugar-free peanut butter
- 30 ml coconut oil, melted
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 ml maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- ⅓ of a banana, mashed
- A pinch of salt
- Melted dark chocolate
- Vegan caramel sauce
- Extra peanut butter
- Salted peanuts
- Preheat your waffle iron if using, otherwise grease waffle molds with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine mashed banana, rice malt syrup, coconut oil, peanut butter and aquafaba.
- Pulse oats in blender to create oat flour.
- Add the mashed banana mix, gluten-free plain flour, baking powder, vanilla powder, maca powder, and salt to oat flour. Fold through until all ingredients are combined.
- Ladle the batter into preheated waffle irons or molds, greased with a little oil of choice (coconut oil is excellent).
- Cook the waffles until golden and crisp (this took around 4 minutes in my waffle iron).
- Drizzle melted chocolate, vegan caramel and extra peanut butter over the waffles and sprinkle over peanuts.
Find more of Marisa’s recipes on @missmarzipancom.