Brunch recipes don’t have to be complicated to turn out decadent, indulgent, and absolutely insta-worthy – this vegan berry french toast with a caramelized banana crust is proof! This recipe is vegan and gluten-free, however, you can enjoy this with plain flour and plain white bread.
- 3 Slices of GF White Bread (slightly stale works brilliantly)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp GF flour
- 1 cup innocent almond drink
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamom pinch salt
- tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup blueberries
- Handful of blackberries
- Pinch of fresh mint
- maple syrup (optional)
- Mix the flour, spices, and salt together in a bowl then slowly add the innocent almond drink. Mash the banana into a paste then add to the bowl and whisk together.
- Submerge each slice of bread into the mix then one by one fry in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Fry until golden (adding a little more coconut oil if needed) and place on a hot plate whilst you fry the other slices.
- In a separate pan add a little coconut oil, then heat the blueberries through.
- Assemble to toasted bread adding the hot blueberries, and decorate with the blackberries and fresh mint.
Find more of Lucy’s recipes on Lucy and Lentils.