These vegan black bean brownies can be made in about half an hour, and only require a handful of ingredients (flour isn’t one of them, so they’re not only delicious, but gluten-free!).
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup liquid from the can of black beans
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- To top: Handful vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F. Line a square baking pan and set aside.
- To a blender, combine all of the filling ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and top with chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until top is completely dry and sides start to pull away from the pan.
- Allow to cool at room temperature before slicing (they will be very soft, so do not rush this step and make sure they are completely cool).
- Serve as is or chill in the fridge for a few hours to firm up before enjoying. They are best stored in the fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy!!!
Find more of Cherie’s recipes on @thrivingonplants.