These vegan black chocolate gluten-free pancakes owe their gorgeous looks to the activated coconut charcoal powder, as well as cacao and blackberry puree (if using). They’re fluffy, they’re delicious, and they’re ultimately good for your gut!
- 1 & ¼ cups Gluten Free All Purpose Plain Flour Blend
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp activated coconut charcoal powder
- 120g apple or blackberry purée (or 1 banana sliced)
- 2 Tbsp granulated stevia/erythritol blend (or natural sweetener of choice – maple, coconut sugar)
- 1 & ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 & ¼ cups unsweetened almond milk (or other vegan milk of choice)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pure alcohol-free vanilla extract
- *Add ¼ tsp xanthan gum if desired to gluten-free flour, if yours doesn’t have it for added fluffiness
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix or blend wet ingredients
- Pour wet into dry and stir until just combined
- Ladle batter into pan as required
- Cook over low heat until bubbles form, then flip and cook on the other side
- Top with sweetened coconut yogurt and berries.
Find more of Jo’s recipes on her website, Healthy Eating Jo.
If you loved these vegan black chocolate gluten-free pancakes, you might also like…