These vegan black forest lava brownies make the most of the classic chocolate + cherry combo. And did we mention they’re easy to make and gluten-free?
- 1 cup cherries, pitted & halved
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup cacao
- ½ cup coconut flour *sub almond
- ¼ cup coconut shreds
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- ½ – ¾ cup plant milk
- ⅓ cup liquid sweetener
- ¾ cup sweet potato puree *sub pumpkin
- ½ dark chocolate bar (50 gr)
- Preheat oven at 180ºC/350ºF and line a long cake tin with parchment paper.
- Whisk dry ingredients except chocolate in a hollow bowl, add wet starting with ½ cup milk. Whisk until fully combined. Batter should be firm, slightly runny but sticky. If it seems to firm slowly add more milk. Fold in the cherries.
- Add half of the batter to the tin and spread out neatly with a spatula. Break the chocolate bar into separate squares and layer onto the batter. Close with remaining ½ of batter and spread evenly again to close the edges.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20-25 minutes, the too should be slightly crispy. Wait until cooled completely prior to cutting! Dust with cacao. Store air-sealed in the fridge or freeze.