Looking for ways to utilize your fresh produce before summer’s end? Look no further – this creamy vegan blueberry vanilla and maple ice cream will do the trick! Refined sugar, dairy and gluten-free, this is as healthy as ice cream gets.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 3 hours
- 2 x 400mL cans full-fat coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp (15mL) vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp vodka (optional)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Vegan sprinkles (optional)
- The night before, prepare your ice-cream maker by placing in the freezer and add the canned coconut cream to the fridge.
- The next day, drain cashews and rinse well. Add cashews to a blender along with the remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth and uniform. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, and set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Pour chilled ice-cream mixture into your ice-cream maker, and churn for 45 minutes (or follow the manufacturer instructions). At this stage, you will have what looks like soft-serve ice-cream (and you can definitely serve it at this point).
- Add vegan unicorn confetti/sprinkles (optional), and allow to churn for a further few minutes, until incorporated, then transfer the ice-cream to a 2L capacity metal ice-cream tin (or loaf tin). Cover the top of the ice cream firmly with baking paper or a repurposed, food-safe plastic bag, taking care to seal the ice-cream well to avoid ice crystals from forming. Freeze for 3 hours, then serve up in waffle cones or a bowl.
Find more of Jade’s recipes on her blog, Panaceas Pantry.
We have many more vegan ice cream recipes for you to try out, just click here to see them all!