This vegan bolognese pasta with tahini is easy to make and bursting with flavor. Serve with your favorite veggies and enjoy the cruelty-free version of the popular pasta dish!
Served with cherry tomatoes and steamed brussels sprouts.
- 8 oz dry pasta
- 1 large onion, diced (200g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ to 1 tsp each, to taste: dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, ground sage, red pepper flakes, sea salt, black pepper
- 2 large carrots, minced (200g)
- 3 large stalks celery, minced (200g)
- 1 block tempeh, crumbled* (225g)
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, crushed (600g)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast (20g)
- 3 tbsp tahini (48g)
- In a skillet, heat some oil and saute the onion for 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, spices, carrots, and celery, and tempeh. Once the mixture is fragrant, add in tomatoes and bring to a boil. Cover the skillet and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Once the sauce mixture has thickened, stir in nutritional yeast and tahini, then season with more spices as desired.
- Serve with cooked pasta and enjoy!
Instead of tempeh, you may also use 1 block extra firm tofu, or 1 cup dry TVP (textured vegetable protein) cooked with 1 cup water, or ~8 oz vegan meatballs.
Find more of Lenny’s recipes on her blog, Vegamelon.
For more easy vegan pasta recipes, click here.