Easy to make, extra filling, and packed with flavor – these vegan breakfast burritos make for a perfect way to start the day!
For the Tofu Scramble
- 2 tbsp water or broth (for sauteeing)
- 4 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- heaping ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ a red pepper, diced
- 1 350 g package of extra-firm or pressed tofu, crumbled
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt or kala namak salt
- 3 tbsp water
For the Burritos
- 5 large tortillas
- 1 cup drained and rinsed black beans or pinto beans, or refried beans
- romaine lettuce or spinach
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat then add the water, mushrooms, garlic, bell pepper and onion. Cook for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Mix all of the spices together with the water in a small dish.
- Add the crumbled tofu and spice mixture to the pan.
- Stir well to mix it all up and cook until the tofu is heated through.
- Heat up the refried beans, black beans or pinto beans (optional, can also just add cold).
- Prepare the wraps with a few generous spoonfuls of beans and any other fillings you desire such as avocado and salsa. Add some of the tofu scramble to each wrap.
- Wrap it up by folding in the sides then rolling into a burrito. Enjoy!
Find more of Deryn’s recipes at Running on Real Food.
PIN/SAVE/SHARE THIS RECIPE