- 1 cup (gluten-free) flour (120 g)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 4.2 oz dark chocolate (120 g)
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (120 g)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (150 g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 2 flax eggs (or 100 g unsweetened apple sauce)
- approx. 1/4 cup plant-based milk (60 ml)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup dairy-free cream cheese (225 g)
- 1/2 cup plant-based yogurt (125 g) (or silken tofu)
- 2–3 tbsp sugar (40 g)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Peanut butter Frosting:
- 1/2 cup dairy-free cream cheese (112 g)
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter unsweetened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (50 g)
- 2–4 tbsp plant-based milk
- salted peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare the flax eggs by stirring 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds in 5 tbsp of hot water. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Cheesecake: Add all ingredients for the cheesecake in a mixing bowl and blend until creamy using an electric hand mixer.
- Brownie Cake: Melt the vegan butter and chocolate in a pot. Mix the flour with salt, baking powder, baking soda in a bowl. Add the flax eggs and melted chocolate butter and mix until combined. The batter should be creamy. Add a little bit more of plant-based milk, if needed.
- Layer the cake: Spread 1/3 of the brownie cake batter into a greased 7-inch (18 cm) round baking tin. Continue dollop the cheesecake batter and the brownie batter by a heaped spoonful in exchange until the batter is empty.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, (or until an inserted tooth pick comes out almost clean). Then let cool completely.
- Frosting: Blend all ingredients for the frosting using an electric hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Spread frosting over your cooled brownie cake and you can also pipe on some decorations if you like. Also, decorate with salted peanuts or just enjoy as they are!