- 8 ounces of pasta, cooked according to the back of the package, substitute for GF.
Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1 Tbsp neutral oil, I used olive oil
- 1 ½ cups of asparagus, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic, add more to make it extra garlicky
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup vegan butter, packed
- 2 Tbsp capers, from the jar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 package of extra firm tofu, pressed with the water removed.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, substitute for GF.
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (218 C). Spray a large pan with oil to help prevent sticking. Set the pan aside.
- Cut the tofu into bite size pieces. If you like extra crispy tofu, cut them into thin small pieces.
- In a medium bowl make the breadcrumb mixture. Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, breadcrumbs and mix.
- Add dairy-free milk in another bowl. Dip your tofu pieces in the milk and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure to cover the entire piece of tofu. Place the tofu on the baking pan. Repeat steps until you have breaded all of your tofu.
- Bake tofu for 20 minutes. Take out, flip, and bake again for an additional 20 minutes.
- While your tofu is baking, heat a large pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the oil, minced garlic, and asparagus. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the nutritional yeast and butter and mix until the butter has melted.
- Slowly add the pasta, capers, salt and pepper and mix. Turn heat down to low.
- Take the baked tofu out of the oven and toss it with the pasta. Taste the pasta and season with additional seasoning (if needed).
Find more of Marissa’s recipes on @itsallgoodvegan.