- 4 slices of sprouted grain bread
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Vegan Mayo
- 2 Tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 medium lemon)
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced or pressed through garlic press
- 1/8 tsp Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp grainy dijon mustard
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 romaine heart (approximately 3 cups of lettuce when cut)
- 2 cups packed with kale chopped
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- Take bread and slice off crust. Cut into 16- 2 cm squares.
- Place all pieces of bread into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, Italian seasoning, pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour bread crumbs onto a cookie tray line with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10- 12 minutes until golden brown and feel dried out. Stir them at the 5 minute mark.
Once cooked, remove from oven and pour onto a plate to cool.
- While croutons are cooking make the dressing.
- Place vegan mayo, lemon juice, grainy dijon mustard, minced garlic, vegan Worcestershire sauce, nutritional yeast, and a pinch of salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Mix with a whisk and set aside. Makes 2/3 of a cup of dressing.
- Chop kale and romaine into bite sized pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Slice lemon into wedges.
- When ready to serve pour dressing on and add in croutons and mix well.
- Serve with a lemon to garnish.
Find more of Crystal’s recipes on Heart Fully Nourished.