This vegan cauliflower and tofu korma is a perfectly comforting lunch or dinner option for colder days. It’s a creamy, healthy, delicious whole-food plant-based meal that’s ready in 4 easy steps!
- ¼ cup raw cashews (50g), soaked for 2+ hours
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (200g)
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger root
- 2 green chilis, minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala, 4 whole cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- ½ tsp each: ground turmeric, ground cumin, chili powder, salt, black pepper
- ½ cup water
- 3 large ripe tomatoes (400g), pureed
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower (350g)
- 1 package firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 cup frozen green peas (120g)
- In a blender, blend the soaked cashews and coconut milk into a smooth mixture and set aside.
- In large pot, heat some oil and add the onion, garlic, ginger, chilis, and spices. Fry the mixture for 5-7 minutes, until fragrant.
- Mix in tomatoes, cauliflower, and tofu. Cover the pot and let simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender, then stir in peas and coconut mixture.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes before serving.
Find more of Lenny’s recipes on Vegamelon.