- 8 oz (1 1/8 cups) of crumbled tempeh
- 1 tbs + 1 tsp of chili powder
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar (acv)
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of dried thyme
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- sprinkle of cayenne
- sprinkle of ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of vegan cheddar shreds
- approx. 12 jalapeño peppers (halved and gutted)
- Combine tempeh, chili, acv, cumin, garlic, paprika, thyme, cinnamon, cayenne, cloves, and bay leaves in a bowl and stir well and preheat oven to 425ºF
- In a small pot on medium heat add seasoned chorizo tempeh and water. Cook for a few minutes until all water is absorbed.
- Remove bay leaves from tempeh mixture and mix in cheddar shreds.
- Grab jalapeño halves and stuff with filling and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. When ready remove from oven, garnish with fresh cilantro, serve with lime, and chimichurri sauce and enjoy!