- 1 small potato (120g)
- ½ small carrot (50g)
- ⅔ cup cashews (86g)
- 1 cup cashew milk (250ml // or any non-dairy milk)
- ¾ – 1 cup vegetable broth (188 – 250ml)
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp miso
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- 2 lbs korean rice cakes (900g)
- Korean red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook rice cakes until soft. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the cheese sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Over medium heat, add the cheese sauce into a pot. Stir cheese sauce constantly until thick and starts to slightly stretch, around 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to low heat. Stir in the rice cakes until all the pieces are covered.
- Serve immediately and garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and Korean red pepper flakes.
Find more of Lisa’s recipes on @okonomikitchen.
If you’re looking for other ways to make vegan tteokbokki, check out this recipe for Tteokbokki & Ramen Noodles (“Rabokki”).