This foolproof vegan cherry cheesecake is made with only 11 simple ingredients! For all the vegans (and, even more so, non-vegans!) in your life.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅛ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegan butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp plant milk
- 800g soy yogurt (skyr-style)
- 80g vanilla custard powder
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla sugar
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup soft cherries, pitted
- Place the flour, sugar, and baking powder in a mixing bowl and whisk together. Add in the softened butter and combine with a hand mixer (with dough kneads) until you have crumbles. Slowly add in the milk and keep beating until you have a sticky dough.
- Line a 8” (20°Cm) cake tin with baking paper and grease the sides. Preheat your oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Place the dough in the cake tin and use your fingers to press down evenly and up the sides (about 1”/3cm). Chill in the fridge while you prepare your filling.
- Place all filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl and use a hand whisk to combine until all custard powder climbs have dissolved.
- Pour the filling over the crust (at this point also add in your cherries) and even out the top.
- Place in the oven for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool down at room temperature before slicing and enjoy!
Find more of Kirsten’s recipes on The Tasty K.