These vegan chickpea quinoa burgers are healthy, easy to make, naturally gluten-free, oil-free, and of course absolutely delicious!
- 1 red onion (small dice)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- large handful baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (rinsed + drained)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½–¾ tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- ¾ tsp chipotle
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups garbanzo/chickpea flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- about 1 cup water
- In a large bowl combine: 1 red onion (small dice), 1 large carrot (grated), large handful baby spinach (roughly chopped), 1-15oz can chickpeas (rinsed + drained), 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp smoked paprika, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½-¾ tsp chili powder (or to taste), ¾ tsp chipotle. Mix well.
- Add 1-½ cups cooked quinoa and mix until evenly incorporated. Add salt to taste.
- In a separate bowl, add 2 cups garbanzo/chickpea flour + ¼ tsp salt. Gradually add water while mixing until consistency of thick pancake batter. (Should be about 1 cup water.)
- Add batter to chickpea vegetable quinoa mixture and mix well to combine. Salt to taste. Let sit about 10 minutes.
- Use hands to form patties of desired size, about ¾ inch thick.
- Either pan-fry in a little oil in a non-stick skillet or for oil-free bake at 375°F / 190°C on lined sheet until very golden brown (about 25 minutes). For both methods, flip halfway.
Find more of Nisha’s recipes on @cookingforpeanuts.
If you loved these vegan Chickpea Quinoa Burgers, you might also like…
For more gluten-free recipes, click here.