For an 8×4 in. loaf tin.
- 1 1/2 cups flour, use GF if needed
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (from a chilled can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup.
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together bananas, milk, nut butter, and coconut sugar.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Use a spatula to fold the batter until combined, and mix in (optional) chocolate chips.
- Pour into the pan and bake for ~45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the ingredients.
- Store in fridge until ready to use.
Find more of Lenny’s recipes on vegamelon.