For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder plus extra for dusting pan
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup neutral oil (eg avocado, canola etc)
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh hot coffee or hot water
For the Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–4 tbsp non-dairy milk
- coarse salt
- chocolate shavings, for garnish – optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk the non-dairy milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and pour in the hot coffee or water. Whisk together just until combined.
- Spray the inside of the bundt pan with oil and then lightly dust with cocoa powder, knocking the excess out. Add the batter to the baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with a few cooked crumbs.
- Let the cake cool completely.
For the glaze:
- In a medium sized bowl, gradually whisk the confectioner’s sugar into the peanut butter. Add the vanilla extract. Add the non-dairy milk until you have the desired consistency (not too thin or it won’t coat the cake.)
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cake, sprinkle with coarse salt, and chocolate shavings.
This recipe is for a small 6-cup bundt cake pan. For a large bundt (commonly 12-cup, or 10″), you’ll need to double the recipe.