Make your vegan chocolate cake extra special by adding sweet potato, raspberries, and pomegranate to the mix – these flavors go very well together while creating great texture as well! If you have been looking for ways to make vegan chocolate cake healthier, this is the recipe for you – it’s gluten-free, and packed with natural flavors.
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 100g rice flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp starch (like cornstarch)
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 Tbsp xylitol
- 1 cooked sweet potato
- 200ml plant-based milk
- 100g extra dark chocolate (90%)
- 150g frozen raspberries
- Pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F, then add all ingredients (expect the dark chocolate and raspberries) to a food processor and mix until you get a smooth consistency.
- Next, melt the chocolate in a “Bain Marie” (a hot water bath) and then fold it into the cake batter.
- Add the frozen raspberries and mix them into the batter as well.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake form (no need to grease it if you’re using a silicone cake form).
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven at 170°C/340°F for about an hour.
- Decorate the cake with your favorite toppings (like pomegranate seeds). Enjoy!
Find more of Coco’s recipes on Oh Sweet Coco.
If you would like to explore the sweet potato dessert potential further, check out these recipes: