Waffle-iron owners, start preheating them now because these vegan chocolate waffles with raspberry sauce are a real game changer! Crunchy, yet pillowy soft, easy to customize, and even easier to make, topped with (optional, but so good!) homemade berry sauce… No wonder they’re dubbed “the best vegan waffle recipe” over at My Vegan Minimalist!
For the waffles:
- 1,5 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1,5 cup flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 6 tbsp water
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
For the sauce:
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- 3 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- A handful of fresh raspberries
To make the waffles:
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine the flaxseed and water in a small bowl to make a flax egg. Set aside.
- Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a measuring cup, stir thoroughly and set aside.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar to a medium bowl and mix well.
- Go back to your almond milk mixture and add in the oil, the flax mixture, and the vanilla, and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the almond mixture and mix well, until few lumps remain (but don’t over whisk).
- Cook the waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions.
- Eat right away, or let cool and toast later.
To make the sauce & to serve:
- Heat up your frozen raspberries in a pan.
- Add cocoa nibs and coconut flakes.
- Drizzle over your waffles along with the sweetener of your choice.
- Sprinkle with fresh raspberries.
PIN/SAVE/SHARE THIS RECIPE