Who doesn’t love pancakes for breakfast? These vegan chunky monkey pancakes are made extra special with all the classic toppings: bananas, nuts, and chocolate chips! Easy to make, easier to enjoy.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup soy/almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp pure peanut butter
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar or maple or any plant syrup
- 2 cups flour
- Whisk the soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Let it rest for 5 minutes while you mash the ripe banana.
- After 5 minutes, add the mashed banana to the milk and apple cider vinegar mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract, peanut butter, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix just to incorporate. Do not overmix.
- Heat a non-stick pan (spread a little bit of oil or vegan butter if you’re not using a non-stick pan).
- Cook the pancakes in medium to low heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until the sides are golden brown.
- Serve with more bananas, crushed walnuts, and choc chips.
- Finish with some maple syrup and enjoy!
Find more of Czarina’s recipes at @czar_anon.